Donostia-San Sebastian, one of the most beautiful destinations in the world and known for its gastronomy, is undoubtedly a city that everyone who passes through the north must visit.
This time, we will give you some tips about places in the city that you can not miss:
1. Igeldo. It is the place where you can enjoy the most beautiful view of the city and it is accessible by using the funicular. At the top there is a small amusement park that has lots of charm.
2. The Wind Comb. It is the most symbolic sculpture of San Sebastian. It was created by the famous Basque sculptor Eduardo Chillida.
3. The Miramar Palace. What is used today for cultural events it was owned by Queen Maria Cristina in the past.
4. Port and Aquarium. The Port of Donostia and the Aquarium, they both really worth a visit. The Aquarium has over 31 aquariums dedicated to the Cantabrian Sea and a tunnel of 360º, where you can observe the thousands of fish and also the two bull sharks that are in the Aquiarium.
5. Paseo Nuevo. This beautiful promenade in on the top of the aquarium and it is where waves can reach 10 meters when the weather is not very good in San Sebastian. There is a walk of 5 km which is spectacular and we always recommend it. It begins in the Peine del Viento and it ends at the Zurriola surfing beach.
6. Urgull. It is the mountain that has the statue of the Sacred Heart at the top. It is easily accessible and the views from the top are very nice.
7. Kursaal and Zurriola Beach. The Kursaal is the congress and concert hall and where Donostia Film Festival takes place. Zurriola Beach is the surfing beach in town.
8. Good Shepherd Cathedral.
9. Old Town. It is undoubtedly the most special corner of the city and the area where the best restaurants and pintxos bars are.
10. Aiete Palace. It was once the home of Francisco Franco.